One Year Osseointegration Anniversary
Today is the 9th January 2017, and 12 months since I had Osseointegration surgery.
- I got engaged to my soon to be wife Jenn, she wasn’t with me when I lost my legs, but the last 4 years she has literally been with me every step of the way!
- I’ve reached 15,000 steps in 1 Day
- Won the 2016 Inspirational Award at the Soldiering on through life trust awards
- Walked the last 2 miles at the Bridgnorth walk for Troop Aid ( 4 months after surgery)
- Had 6 infections all treated simply by oral antibiotics ( can happily say no infections for 2 months now)
- Launched the Help for heroes fragrance I helped design on Ideal World TV
- Went on my once in a life time dream holiday around the West Coast of America
- Took part in the annual Prudential Ride London and finished 4th out of the hand cycling competitors
- Down my first talk at a Cat C Prison
- Started training for the 2017 Invictus Games, in a sport I hadn’t tried before Wheelchair Rugby
- Took part in the United States Marine Corps Marathon, finished 36th out of the 30,000 that completed. ( Time 1Hr 57Min with an avg pace of 14mph)
- Worked on my new website, which is launching this month
The last 12 months have flown by, none of it has been easy, all of it an experience
This year the most compelling thing for me has been to see who really matters when the going gets tough!
Dr Munjed Al Muderis and your team, you guys are total game changers, you give people from all walks of life the opportunity to live life as far as they are willing to push it ?
Everyone of you who has liked and followed my journey and story Thank you for the support! ?
One last thing, The only disability in life is a bad attitude. #letsgetlegs